Tuesday, September 10, 2013

FINDING CONTENTMENT IN GOD ALONE









CONTENTMENT IS FINDING FULFILLMENT IN GOD ALONE

I imagine I am not alone with having an inner conflict between contentment and wanting more.  I am grateful for the blessings the Lord has given me, and long to be content as the Bible commands.  Yet every day our society markets to us telling us we need more.  We are the most highly marketed to society in the history of the world. And so on goes the battle against giving in to thinking I need more than what I already have.

I thought I'd share some convicting truths and encouraging Bible verses on the subject.  Enjoy.


Contentment.


Philippians 4:12-13

12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

"If you’re not satisfied with what you have, you won’t be 
satisfied with what you think you want."

-Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Here's Nancy Leigh DeMoss' radio program called, "Free from the Craving for More."
http://www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/revive-our-hearts/free-craving-more/

Dave Ramsey

Chip Ingram has a wonderful sermon series on Contentment at this link below:
http://store.livingontheedge.org/store/product/contentment
and his blog entry entitled, "How to Find Contentment in a Discontented World."
http://livingontheedge.org/read-blog/blog/2013/06/27/how-to-find-contentment-in-a-discontented-world

~ Dave Ramsey





Luke 12:15
New International Version (NIV)
15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.”







Proverbs 23:4-5

New International Version (NIV)
Do not wear yourself out to get rich;
    do not trust your own cleverness.
Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone,
    for they will surely sprout wings
    and fly off to the sky like an eagle.



You can never lose the Lord's love.  

Psalm 103:17

But the love of the Lord remains forever
    with those who fear him.

God is all I need!

Hebrews 13:5

New International Version (NIV)
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
“Never will I leave you;
    never will I forsake you.”




Psalm 27:4

New International Version (NIV)

One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek him in his temple.

Psalm 62:5

New International Version (NIV)

Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
    my hope comes from him.


No comments:

Post a Comment