Sunday, September 1, 2013

A CUP OF JOE

 Coffee. I can't start my day without it!  And although I can be somewhat of a coffee snob, I drink Aldi's higher quality brands of coffee on a daily basis.

When I'm indulging, I go for Intelligentsia - one of our favorite roasters. We also love La Colombe in the West Loop neighborhood of Chicago. If you love coffee, you will have a favorite place too.

Intelligentsia cappuccino from Chicago's Loop location



Love that Greek coffee, too. Have gotten to love all Greek food since my husband is Greek.


Many people like the thought of treating themselves to something small like a cup of coffee.  Often, people grab a coffee on the go because they don't have time to make it at home. After all, it's only a couple bucks. What's the big deal?

Let's say you get a Starbucks coffee each day before work. That's about $2.50 a day at 5 days a week at 52 weeks a year.  That's an annual cost of $650 just on your morning coffee - about the average cost of an American families' homeowner's insurance bill.  Or perhaps that $650 could pay for your own fancy espresso machine at home!

Either way, what seems to be a trivial amount of money each day can really impact your pocketbook.

So here's the cappuccino hubby made for me at home. Better than a coffeehouse!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great point! That little bit each day really does add up. Loved my chai at Intelligentsia, especially since it was shared with friends.

    ReplyDelete